Reflecting Back and Looking Forward

2018-19 Highlights and 2019-20 Expectations

Hannah Wallace, Reporter

Even though summer is almost here, it doesn’t mean that we have to be done thinking about school. We can reflect on the many amazing things that happened this year and look ahead to an even better next year.

Before the year is over, we wanted to know what students liked best about this past school year. We asked students, “What was the best thing that happened at school this year?” Here’s what they said:

“The best thing that happened this year was lacrosse season. I also liked going to the dance recitals.” – Emma Regan, Sophomore

“I enrolled this year and made new friends on the first day, and they were really sweet.” – Ann Joby, Junior

“My favorite thing from this year was doing stage crew for the musical.” – Stephanie Potisk, Sophomore

“This year, the dance recitals were really good.” – Olivia Rogers, Sophomore

“I liked making pizza with Mr. Frush when the juniors were taking the SAT.” – Yusra Haroon, Sophomore

“The best thing about this year was being surrounded by my friends and family during this tiring but wonderful junior year.” – Carolyn Pascal, Junior

“The thing that was really good was the dance recital. They chose good  music this year.” – Connor Nguyenkhoa, Junior

“Track team winning states was the best thing that happened this year.” – Madison Mustafa, Freshman

Looking forward to the coming school year, we wanted to find out what students are most excited about, so we asked, “What are you most looking forward to for next year?” Here are some of the responses:

“Next year, I am looking forward to fun pep rallies.” – Emma Regan, Sophomore

“I am super excited for orchestra with Mr. Ayerdiz.” – Gaby Papillo, Freshman

“Next year, I am looking forward to planning my career path and doing dual enrollment.” – Ann Joby, Junior

“I am looking forward to homecoming as a junior.” – Olivia Rogers, Sophomore

“I am looking forward to taking AP classes next year.” – Yusra Haroon, Sophomore

“I am looking forward to taking philosophy and learning about the nature of truth and knowledge.” – Carolyn Pascal, Junior

“I am looking forward to truly enjoying every minute of my senior year.” – Connor Kelly, Junior

All in all, the 2018-2019 school year was incredibly successful. Through athletics, arts, and academics, Urbana Hawks were filled with respect, integrity, unity, and pride. The 2019-2020 school year will, without a doubt, exceed our expectations! See you next year!