The Student News Site of Urbana High School

THE HAWKEYE

THE HAWKEYE

THE HAWKEYE

Title
View this profile on Instagram

UHS Hawkeye (@uhs_hawkeye) • Instagram photos and videos

PREPARING FOR PROM

10 essential steps

Prom, a cherished milestone in many high schoolers’ lives, symbolizes a night of glamour, excitement, and unforgettable memories. As the date approaches, meticulous planning and preparation become paramount to ensure a seamless and enjoyable experience. Here are ten essential steps to help you get ready for prom:

1. Set a Budget: Begin by establishing a budget for prom expenses, including attire, transportation, tickets, and any additional costs. By determining a realistic budget early on, you can make informed decisions and avoid overspending.
  2. Choose the Perfect Outfit: Selecting the ideal attire is crucial for making a statement on prom night. Whether you opt for a classic tuxedo or an elegant gown, consider your personal style, body type, and comfort. Start browsing early to find the perfect dress or suit that reflects your personality and makes you feel confident.
  3. Schedule Hair and Makeup Trials: Book appointments with a hairstylist and makeup artist for trials well in advance of prom night. Experiment with different hairstyles and makeup looks to find the perfect combination that complements your outfit and enhances your features. Don’t forget to consider any accessories or hairpieces you plan to incorporate into your look
  4. Arrange Transportation: Coordinate transportation arrangements for prom night, whether it’s renting a limousine, carpooling with friends, or arranging for a rideshare service. Ensure that transportation plans align with your group’s schedule and accommodate any special requests or preferences.
  5. Purchase Tickets Early: Secure your prom tickets as soon as they become available to avoid missing out on this highly anticipated event. Check with your school or event organizers for ticket sale dates and pricing information. Consider purchasing tickets for any pre or post-prom activities as well.
  6. Plan Pre-Prom Activities: Plan pre-prom activities to kick off the festivities in style. Whether it’s a pre-prom dinner with friends or a photo shoot at a scenic location, incorporating fun activities into your pre-prom itinerary sets the stage for an unforgettable evening
  7. Coordinate Group Themes or Colors: Coordinate with your prom group to establish a theme or color scheme for the evening. This could involve coordinating outfits, corsages, boutonnieres, or even matching accessories. Collaborating with your group adds an element of cohesion and enhances the overall aesthetic of prom night.
  8. Attend Grooming and Pampering Sessions: Treat yourself to grooming and pampering sessions in the days leading up to prom. Schedule appointments for manicures, pedicures, facials, or spa treatments to ensure you look and feel your best for the big night.
  9. Create a Prom Night Emergency Kit: Prepare a prom night emergency kit stocked with essentials such as safety pins, stain remover, band-aids, breath mints, and any medications you may need. Having these items on hand can help you tackle any unexpected mishaps or wardrobe malfunctions with ease.
  10. Relax and Enjoy the Moment: As prom night approaches, take time to relax and savor the excitement of this special occasion. Surround yourself with supportive friends and loved ones, and embrace the magic of prom night with enthusiasm and positivity. Remember that the most important thing is to enjoy the experience and create lasting memories with those who matter most.   

In addition to these ten steps i also interviewed a couple uhs students who are actually going to prom just to see what they personally do to get ready. Albert crab a 12th grader said the following “im probably going to get a haircut and get some sneakers” Brayden who is also a 12th grader said “ i’m probably going to rent a limousine so me andy friends can go together ”

In conclusion prom is a night where your supposed to have fun and with the 10 steps eluded to above, its sure to help you have a safe and fun prom night.