STUDENT SPOTLIGHT: Owen Sheffield

Dunja Senic, Reporter

He’s sophomore at UHS. He has just finished a successful season on the soccer team as its most recent center-mid. If you’ve ever been to a boys varsity soccer game, you have probably seen number 8: Owen Sheffield!

Owen has been playing soccer for as long as he can remember, about 12-13 years. For the past few months, soccer practice has been a major part of Owen’s daily routine. Owen’s school day consists of getting up around 6:30 in the morning, walking to school, and going through his classes at school, which he says are a breeze. He gets home and does homework before going to practice. Playing soccer has had a very positive impact on his life and is “definitely a stress reliever,” he says.

Awesome, cool, quirky – these are just three words that describe Owen’s personality. Outside of soccer, he likes to play videogames as well as spending time with his friends. 

Owen’s biggest goal to achieve by the end of high school is “to grow a few inches.” In five years, Owen pictures himself at a college or having a job, and he hopes to keep pursuing soccer after high school. He has no specific dream colleges in mind, but he would like to go to a big school. 

A quote that is significant to Owen is, “Control what you can control and don’t worry about the uncontrollable.”